RESEARCH PRIZES 2020 OF THE EUROPEAN RHINOLOGIC SOCIETY
The European Rhinologic Society biennially awards two Research Prizes; one prize is awarded for original basic research, and the second for an original clinical research in the field of Rhinology. In 2020 again, these prizes will be awarded, and therefore ENT Residents and Fellows are kindly requested to apply.
Entries will have to meet the following conditions:
- Entries are to be submitted in the form of a scientific paper. Papers that have been accepted for publication by an international scientific journal will also be considered. Scientific papers – as well as supplements and Ph.D.-theses – that have already been published are excluded from competition.
- The research paper submitted is either the result of individual research activities or resulting from a team effort. In the latter case the first author will be considered as the nominee.
- Each applicant is allowed one entry. The author indicates whether the paper is a basic research or a clinical study. (We define clinical research as studies that deal with patients or normal subjects in a clinical set-up, whereas basic research refers to studies performed with either animals or tissues taken from patients or normal subjects).
- Only candidates below the age of 35 years can apply.
- The research paper submitted is either the result of individual research activities or resulting from a team effort. In the latter case, the first author will be considered as the nominee.
- The executive Committee of the European Rhinologic Society, supported by a number of invited expert referees, will act as the jury and will select both prizewinners.
- The prizes will be awarded during the Opening Ceremony of the next ERS Congress in Thessaloniki (Greece), June 21-25, 2020. The prizewinners will be invited to attend the congress, free of charge. The prize-winning entries will be given priority when submitted to the Journal Rhinology or Rhinology Online.
Applications of the submitted papers should be directed before February 1, 2020 to the secretary of ERS: Mrs Judith Kosman by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).