- See the birth place of Alexander the Great
- Visit the archaeological site of Pella
- Explore the new museum of Pella
- Visit the tomb of Philip the 2nd
- Guided tour of Vergina
- Private transfer by car or luxury mini-van
- Tour Dates: on request
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starting Point: Your hotel / or the ERS2020 Venue
Don’t miss the chance to visit two of the most interesting places of Greece’s ancient times and discover the history of Macedonia.
After the pick up from your central Thessaloniki hotel, we will drive west from Thessaloniki to Pella, the ancient capital of the Macedonian Empire and native town of Alexander the Great, we will see the archaeological site with the marvelous mosaics as well as the new Museum, opened in October 2009.
Our second stop is Vergina, where you will visit the most important remains of the monumental palace of the Kingdom of Macedonia, lavishly decorated with mosaics and painted stuccoes, and the burial ground with more than 300 tumuli, some of which date from the 11th century B.C.Later we continue to Edessa with its ancient city and the famous Waterfalls park. Late in the afternoon, we return to Thessaloniki and your hotel.
Price per Person €135
Children up to 12 years €28
- Entrance fee of Pella & Vergina
- Professional and licensed English speaking guide
- Transportation by a deluxe vehicle
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
The Tour will materialize with minimum participants of 25 persons